Read on if you’ve never been to the Kent Beer Festival before or just want to make sure you get the most from your time at the event.
1. Buy your glass and tokens on arrival. All
beer and cider can only be bought with the tokens.
Soft drinks can be bought with cash from the stall
in the centre of the barn.
2. You may return your glass for a cash refund when you leave and get your money back on any unused tokens (or drop them into the charity collecting pot at the exit). Or you may wish to keep your glass as a souvenir. Please note the cash desk closes 20 minutes after last orders so you will need to return your glass by then if you want a refund.
3. Pick up a free programme on arrival, too, which contains the beer list and entertainment listings.
4. Popular and unusual beers sell out fast! If there is a high demand for a beer you want to try, then don’t leave it too long before you buy!
5. Please ask for tasters before you buy a beer if you’re not sure. However, please try to limit such requests at busy times.
6. Food stalls around the barn offer curry, hot snacks, olives and local cheese. Food stalls take cash, not tokens.
7. Toilets are outside the barn – please use them sensibly and let staff know if you spot any problems.
8. Do think about joining the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA). You will get free admission to all sessions of the Kent Beer Festival (except Friday evening) as well as to many other CAMRA beer festivals around the country. Go to CAMRA for more information or pick up a leaflet from the Membership Stand at the Festival.
9. If you want to keep drinking great beer after the Festival is over, buy a copy of the Good Beer Guide from the CAMRA shop at the Festival or via www.camra.org.uk and check out where you can find excellent beer in a pub near you.
10. The festival is a non-smoking area, like restaurants and pubs. Smoking will be permitted outside the barn.